Goals of BIRC
- To coordinate multicentre medical imaging research and maintain and expand a collaborative approach among the members of BIRC, including participation in joint funding opportunities.
- To recruit and train graduate students and post-doctoral fellows in an interdisciplinary environment to produce the future leaders in medical imaging research.
- To expand interdisciplinary approaches in all imaging research programs, combining clinical and biological sciences with instrumentational, computational, and theoretical physics and engineering research.
- To provide access to core medical imaging research resources across the city of London.
- To disseminate scientific knowledge and the latest findings among BIRC members.
- To ensure that innovations and discoveries are protected, and to work with our clinical colleagues in translating our research results into clinical practice.